If you're ever having cravings for something savory, stir fry is a sure-fire way of quenching them. We've devised an easy to make, delicious to eat recipe packed with greens and tasty tofu to provide you with a nutrient rich dinner recipe to keep in the back of your head.
Here's What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 brick of thin-sliced Tofu
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (carrot, peas, bell pepper, mushrooms, water chestnuts, etc.) Anything you want really, those are just our recommendations.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Chop tofu into thin strips or squares. Sit to marinade in 1/4 cup of soy sauce. You can add teriyaki sauce or miso broth if you choose. Both are good additions. Allow to sit at least 5 hours. If you're not able to prepare that much time in advance, don't worry. It taste's quite good if you pour the marinade into the pan with the tofu.
- Oil a pan, and heat on medium heat. Add tofu. Cook Tofu for 10-15 minutes before adding other ingredients.
- Combine the cornstarch, water and garlic powder in a bowl. Add the mixed veggies and onion and toss to coat.
- Add the vegetables to the pan with the tofu. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until it looks done.
This is a very easy recipe to modify. You can add any vegetables you'd like. It's important to remember to cook them until they're tender.
You can also change the garlic powder and soy sauce to be another combination of flavor for your stir fry. You could do a Basil and Cumin, or perhaps a more sour kimche-type taste. The key is that you need to marinade the tofu in your concoction to really bring out the flavor.
Thanks for reading our recipe's! Share a comment below of what you liked, and suggest something else tasty to make!!!
Leave a comment